Sunday, September 30, 2012

Forever Maggie Stiefvater

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3
Paperback, 496 pages
Published 2011 by Scholastic
ISBN 1407121111 (ISBN13: 9781407121116)
Rating: 3 stars (3.2)

From Goodreads:

Sam has always loved Grace. As a wolf, he watched her from afar. As a boy, he held her in his arms.

Now facing the possibility of a life without her, he will do anything to keep her safe. Even if it means facing his demons. Even if it risks everything he has.

Anything, as long as their love can survive...

My Review:

Many people did not like this book as much as the other two. I must admit that I didn’t like the series at all. I found all three books to be too slow of a pace for me. This book puts up where Linger left off. Grace is now a wolf and Sam is the one waiting for her to shift back. Unfortunately, Isabelle father is still of the rampage about the wolves and has successfully lobbied to kill the wolves left at Mercy Falls. Cole the reluctant smart guy that he is has been experimenting with ways to change forms at will. With Grace in danger Sam is forced to enlist Cole’s help (along with the Sheriff) to get Grace and the other wolves to safety. The ending was lacking.

The way it left some things unexplained made it seems as if a fourth book may come along at some point. This point has not changed my mind about the series. I hope there isn’t a fourth book because I really don’t want to read it. TBR list 4

Plot: 3  Writing: 4  Character: 3  Other 3  Overall Feel 3*

*pace was slow for me but I like Cole’s character. He saved this series for me.

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment